The City of Lancaster’s Finance Department strives to provide our citizens a transparent view of the City’s finances to make it a great place to live or visit. The Finance Department is committed to:
- Providing timely, accurate, clear, and complete information, and
- Supporting other departments, our citizens, and the community at large while protecting assets, both real and intangible, and
- Ensuring compliance with:
- federal, state, and local laws and regulations,
- adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles promulgated by:
- the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB),
- the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA),
- the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), and
- the Public Fund Investment Act of Texas (PFIA).
- Continued improvement through participation in the:
- Government Finance Officers Association's Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, and
- Texas Comptroller's Transparency Stars program promoting financial transparency.
The City of Lancaster achieved the 2015 Texas Comptroller Platinum Leadership Circle Award which has been superseded by their Transparency Stars Program. The City has since qualified for the following stars – Traditional Finances and Debt Obligation.
The following financial data is based on the most recently completed fiscal year of 2017 (October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2017):
|Fiscal Year 2017||Per Capita|
|Property Tax Revenue||$18,172,866||$ 474|
|Sales Tax Revenue||$ 6,168,242||$ 161|
Per capita figures above are calculated on the City’s 2017 estimated population of 38,361 based on Census.gov.
The City had 279 full-time equivalent employees at the end of fiscal year 2017.