Canvassing the Returns and Declaring the ResultsSpecial Election Results
Special Election Results - Spanish
Municipal Run-off Election - Saturday, June 16, 2018
The City of Lancaster is holding a Run-off Election for the election of a Mayor at-large and a Councilmember for District 5 to fill an unexpired term ending May 2019.For more information, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-218-1310 or Email.
Notice Ordering the June 16th Run-off Election
Early Voting Information
Lancaster Independent School District Election
General Election Information
Lancaster Independent School District
Upcoming Municipal Elections
The term of office for the Mayor and Council members is 3 years. Upcoming elections:
- 2019 - Municipal Election for City Council Districts 1, 3, and 5
- 2020 - Municipal Election for City Council Districts 2, 4, and 6
Qualifying for Office
Candidates for the office of Mayor and Council member must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must meet state requirements
- Candidates must be qualified voter of the City of Lancaster
- Candidate must have or will have resided in the City of Lancaster and the district (for council members) for a least 1 year immediately preceding the date of the municipal election.
Application, Forms, & Petition
The following must be completed by the candidate:
- Application for a place on the ballot
- Declaration of residency forms
- Prescribed petition form with 25 valid signatures - the signers of the petition must be residents qualified to vote in the district in which the candidate is seeking office
Candidate Packet Availability
The City Secretary’s Office makes available a candidate’s packet to acquaint candidates with applicable requirements for the City’s election. The candidate’s packet is not required in order to prepare to run for municipal office and is provided as a tool to assist those interested in running for municipal office.
For more information, contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-218-1310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.