Hey Teens, thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Lancaster Veterans Memorial Library! Whether you are looking to complete just a few service hours or to begin a regular schedule, volunteers help improve the function of the library in our community. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 the Library is currently not accepting in person volunteer work, instead we've come up with some helpful projects you can do at home!
Rules and Guidelines
• Must be 16 years old and up.
• Cannot be court appointed.
• Library card not required.
• Earn a maximum of 8 hours a week.
• Must fill out and return a completed Junior Volunteer packet.
• Must receive approval before logging hours.
Sign up Now!
1. Download the Junior Volunteer Packet here
2. Fill out and return it to the library or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Wait for your application to be approved by the Youth Services Librarian
Start Earning Hours
Book Reviews - 1 hour
Write a book review of a book you've read from the library's collection and submit it to the library. Your review must be decent in length, grammar, and originality.
Book Lists - 1 hour
Write a list of books you think other teens would want to read according to a certain theme and submit it to the library. Must have at least 5 titles listed.
Social Media Support - 1 hour
Tag the City of Lancaster, Tx in a Facebook or Instagram post to help us raise awareness of our events and programs there. Submit a screen shot of the post to the library.
Fanfiction - 1 hour
Submit a work of fan fiction based on a book. Can be artwork, written work, or any other creative means. Submit your work to the library, it may be showcased in the Young Adult section of the library.
Teen Club Activities - 2 hours
The library offers monthly Teen Club activities on the first Thursday of every month. Take part of the activity and send us a picture of you participating.
Other Community Service Projects as they arise - so stay tuned for more opportunities!