To Make a Payment
- Phone: Call 1-800-444-1187.
- Drop Box: Put payment in the night drop box located to the right of the Court building front entrance. The night drop box is available 24 hours a day.
- Appear in Person: You may appear in person at the Municipal Court Building at 220 W. Main, Lancaster, TX 75146 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Mail Your Payment: Check the appropriate plea on the reverse side of your copy of the citation. The court's office will mail you a pre-trial date. Mail your citation to:
City of Lancaster Municipal Court
PO Box 940
Lancaster TX 75146
- Online at www.trafficpayment.com
Alternative Options- Financial Hardship
If you are unable to pay a fine and or court costs, there are other options such as a time payment plan or community service to pay your fine. In certain situations in which a person cannot perform community service and is financially unable to pay their fine the Court will hear sworn testimony and look at evidence concerning your financial situation. The Judge can reduce the fine, or eliminate the fine and costs completely, depending on the severity of your financial situation. Community service options have been expanded by the Texas Legislature to include (a) attending work and job skills training; (b) a preparatory class for high school equivalency exam; and (c) service at an educational institution. For more information, contact the court at (972) 218-1334.